Chocolate Fruit & Nut Clusters
These are delicious and nutritious, ideal as a sweet treat.
Dark chocolate offers stress-busting antioxidants, while pecans are rich in zinc, good fats, and fibre.
100g dark chocolate (e.g. Green & Blacks or any good quality chocolate 70% cocoa solids or above)
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
20g dried cranberries or dried cherries
25g ready to eat apricots
40g pecan nuts coarsely chopped
40g flaked almonds
1. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl set in shallow water over a low heat until melted. Alternatively melt it in the microwave - heat it on medium high for about 1 minute to start with. Remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat heating at shorter intervals, 15 to 20 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth consistency.
2. Stir in the maple syrup if using.
3. Stir in the cranberries, pecans and almonds and coat thoroughly in chocolate.
4. Immediately drop by level teaspoonful onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet spoon or spoon into 10-12 cake cases.
5. Chill in the fridge until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Store in the fridge.